Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Documentation update request for broken fullwidth layout for custom post types

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Please can you check and update your documentation (or code) with Divi integration as the part at the end "If the Sidebar is to be disabled, then we also need to select Fullwidth in the Layout Settings section:" doesn't work.

https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-divi-builder-and-toolset/

This has been noticed by a few other users on the forum.

I think due to Divi builder editor being disabled on the page by Types the CPT uses "single.php" which has the sidebar, whereas if the editor is enabled I think it uses "single-et_pb_layout.php" - which is the full width template.

I got around the issue by copying single.php into my child theme and renaming it single-CPTNAME.php (where CPTNAME is my custom post type name, for example "news").

We are aware of this.

The Fullwidth setting does not apply if you choose it in Content Templates either. There was as well a BUG where the Full Width was not applied to the templates if the posts where submitted by CRED. That last one is solved: The full-width option from DIVI is not applied to posts that use a given Content Template, when created with CRED

The issue where the template is simply not applied at all, even if the Database records are correct, is reported since last week and the Developers will look into this ASAP.

Thank you for sharing your solution!

Thanks Christian, appreciate the reply on Sunday.

Is there a bug tracker I can subscribe to with open issues like this one? I'd like to be notified when this is resolved.

We don't maintain a public bug tracker, but I have linked this ticket and the bug ticket in our internal systems. This way when that ticket is resolved I'll be able to report back to you here.

Hi, please find the latest version of Views available for download. Some improvements to Divi integration were included, including fullwidth layout support.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.