Skip Navigation

[Closed] Do I Really Need Views?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 11 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I would like to know how important Views is in the Tools workflow?

This is the thing: I'm not so bad with HTML/CSS but hopeless with PHP. One of the things that has made me a bit reluctant to dive in with Types is that I think that some of the WordPress code is starting to click in my head and with a push, I reckon I could build my own Custom Post Types. Having said that, I don't think I could do what CRED does but I can see that I need it to give users a comfortable way to add content. So this question is if I can work out my own HTML/CSS could I just use Views and CRED?

I I don't use Views, how difficult is it to integrate what you achieve with CRED and Views into a WP theme? These days, I am pretty much sold on Twitter Bootstrap so, to be more specific, is is difficult to integrate with Bootstrap?

Thanks

Martin

Dear Martin,

Creating a custom post type or a custom taxonomy is indeed an easy task. It starts to get more complicated when you want to add metaboxes with custom fields, validation, parent/child relationships, etc.

On the other hand Views and CRED are perfect to replace PHP coding but still use your HTML/CSS skills. Maybe you want to take a look at http://discover-wp.com when you can start off with one of our reference sites and see how it works, play with the plugins.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] Do I Really Need Views?’ is closed to new replies.