Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Divi integration with Toolset – braking the site

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by greggW-2 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: use the new Divi integration with Toolset

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: same layout as in hidden link

Instead, I got: the page layout is broken and look very different from the original.

I have updated all my plugins and themes, per the blog post at https://toolset.com/2017/06/divi-integration-with-toolset-the-first-update-is-out/ it is said that it will not brake the site. but once I deactivated the divi integration the all site went sideways.

I wan to be able to leverage the new update and not fully relay on layout for the look and feel of my site.

Please advise,
thanks,

David

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This is indeed strange, would you mind providing me with admin access to the broken site so that I can have a more detailed look at this ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I dont believe this has anything to do with layouts itself. The issue is that divi does not include bootstrap and you needed to have loaded the bootstrap css.

I was able to do this by going to Toolset -> Settings -> Bootstrap loading

From here you can tell toolset to load bootstrap. Your page should now be displaying fine.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane,

that solve part of the issue.
Now I need to go and readjust some of the layouts and templates.

the first issue I see here is that the images on the page are overflowing the div. if you look at hidden link vs. hidden link you will see that the look and feel of the images changed even though the content template have not.
I tried updating the image size in the content template which didn't effect the image size what so ever.

please let me know if you have a fix for that.

Thanks,

David

Also, I'm not sure how to use the layouts I created before the update. when I click on a custom post I would like to see the post with the layout created for it. after the upgrade I cannot see that happen. why? am I missing something?

Please advise,
thanks,

Davis

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Was the original site migrated to this test install and then updated?

It seems that these issues are caused by missing css and images. Could i get access to the original site as well ?

The private fields have been enabled once more.

Thanks,
Shane

HI Shane,

to be honest I dont want to open the live site. I have experienced brakes in the past even if I have a back up this is too risky for me.

to answer your question I have used plesk to clone the site and than updated the site. I do that before actually deploying updates to the live environment. I created a staging environment at hidden link without any updates and I do see some issues with the page hidden link where the image push the text down. i'm not sure why in the live environment it does not happen.

this might be a css issue but again i'm not sure.

if this cannot be figured I will have to make a live backup and grant you access. I just hope that the backup deployment (if needed will not brake the site).

Please let me know if you can check this.
also, i'm not sure what do you mean by saying " private fields have been enabled " please explain.

Thanks,

David

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Just a quick question.

Are you currently running the latest version of the divi theme?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

HI Shane,
no,
on the live site I run Divi 3.0.37.
BTW do you think that running a Regenerate Thumbnails might solve the issue? I ask as no matter what I do for the image size there is no effect on the image rendered.

Please advise,
thanks,

David

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I tried looking at this again and it seems to be some css issues.

Yes please try to regenerate the thumbnails.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
I tried to regenerate the thumbnails but this didn't work.

I also, tried to insert images with different size in the content template with no success.
Short codes I used.
[types field='picture' width='150' height='250' resize='proportional:false' proportional:false][/types]
[types field='picture' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='medium' align='center' resize='stretch'][/types]
[types field='picture' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='thumbnail' align='center' resize='proportional'][/types]
[types field='picture' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' width='250' height='250' align='center' resize='crop'][/types]
[types field='picture' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' width='250' align='center' resize='proportional' class='.embed-responsive'][/types]

that leads me to believe that something in the type plugin doesn't work when it comes to images resize and this should have further investigation with the types developers.

the only thing that worked for me was to create a new CSS style for images and assign it to the image in the shortcode as follows:
[types field='picture' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' align='center' resize='proportional' class='imgsearch'][/types]

I'm still having an issue with the layout I created for a custom post type. without the divi integration plugin I cannot se the layout and instead I get a generic post page. the custom post type is not displaying with the layout I designed before the update...
hidden link vs. hidden link

Please advise how I can use the layout I created before the update with divi without the divi integration plugin.

Thanks,

David

Hi Shane,

I noticed that all y pages (on my staging environment) are defaulted to a content template rather than using a default template. I have to change this manually one by one.
i'm not sure why this was not defaulted to the default page automatically.

even thought I change the template for my custom post it still shows broken on my site.
hidden link

David

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

The test sites, are they on a different server all together from the live one ?

It could be that some modules are not enabled on the site.

Could I get access to this site so I can create a duplicator package for it to test locally?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I would suggest downgrading to Layouts version 2.0 as it seems that there is an issue with the newest version of Layouts and the Divi integration.

I've heard information that this issue should be fixed in Layouts version 2.0.2

Thanks,
Shane

My team and I are keeping a close eye on this and similare thread, we have been having many of the same problems with Divi and Layouts and Woocommerce Layouts integration breaking sites. I would be very interested to understand why this keeps happening and what will be done to improve Divi and Toolset integration in the future.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.