Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Divi compatibility and alternatives

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by antonioC-7 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

I have a site that I created using Toolset and Divi. I have some compatibility issues with them and I've read that is a common problem for other users.

I would like to ask you if there is a guide or something to fix this kind of issues or if you can recommend me a different theme that has full compatibility with Toolset.

What is the link to your site?
becas-sin-fronteras.com

Hello, we have some documentation for best practices working with Toolset and Divi available here: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

Other simpler themes have fewer conflicts than Divi, but also don't include all the features of Divi. Astra and Ocean WP are two of those themes that come to mind. As far as specific compatibility issues, feel free to post details here in the forum and we can discuss each one individually.

Hi Christian. I'll check the info you provided me. Thanks for that.

I have something to comment you. When I work on a page created with Divi (on a stage site without any Toolset element), I can't see almost anything in the main page elements. Then I deactivate all Toolset plugins and I can work normally on those pages. When I activate again Toolset plugins, everything is working fine in Toolset and Divi pages alike. It's tedious to have to be activating and deactivating the plugins, but it works. My worry is if this will affect WP or the site in any way. Is there a way to avoid doing this that you know?

Thanks
Antonio

Hello, I am not aware of this specific issue but I can take a closer look. Can you take a full-screen screenshot so I can see the problem "I can't see almost anything in the main page elements"? Please include the screenshot in your next reply, and also please include the full URL for me to review.

You mentioned that deactivating Toolset then reactivating Toolset resolves the problem. Can you tell me triggers the problem? Is it triggered when you log out and log back in, or is there something else triggering the problem?

example1.jpg
example2.jpg

Hello Christian,

Sorry for the delay in answering.

Let's think I want to modify an standard post in WP, like this one: hidden link . If I want to use the Divi visual builder (with Divi v.3.28, I haven't updated to v.4) I can see the attached "example1.jpg". Only the header and footer of the page. When I disable Toolset plugins I get "example2.jpg", and I can modify the post normally and save it. When I activate Toolset again, everything is ok, the pages works properly, as the rest of the site, as you can see in the live page. Only for working on the post I have to deactivate/reactivate Toolset. I haven't noticed something that triggers the issue. It's always like this.

Okay part of the issue in the front-end editor may be related to a Toolset Content Template assigned to the post. If a Content Template is assigned to the post, then editing on the front-end is not well-supported because it is somewhat ambiguous. Would you be editing the template or the post? It is not always clear. Instead, you should use the backend editing experience for both the post and the Content Template. We recommend using the backend editing experience for the Divi Builder instead of the front-end experience, and certain integration features like the Fields and Views button are only available in the backend editing experience. Maybe normally you navigate to a post on the front-end of the site, then use the front-end editing experience to make changes. You can still use the front-end to find the post you want to edit, then in the admin bar up at the top of the screen you will click "Editar entrada", then use the back-end Divi builder experience to make your changes to the post.

Thanks Christian. What you mentions makes sense and is worth trying. Deactivating Toolset allows also using the front-end for Divi. Now those are two valid options, unless: Activating and deactivating Toolset in a regular basis could create problems with the WP DB? I wonder that since the other day when I reactivated Toolset some info in the DB was not available. After deactivating and reactivating once more time the plugin, everything was there accesible again.

Now I'm exploring Blocks because I want to update the site to Divi 4 and maybe it's time to update some things in the site. For new questions, shall I open a new ticket or shall I use this same one?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Antonio,

Christian is currently unavailable today but will be back tomorrow to continue assisting with this ticket.

Thanks,
Shane

Now those are two valid options, unless: Activating and deactivating Toolset in a regular basis could create problems with the WP DB? I wonder that since the other day when I reactivated Toolset some info in the DB was not available.
Deactivation and reactivation of the plugin should not cause a problem like this, so if this occurs again please create a ticket for us to investigate the issue.

For new questions, shall I open a new ticket or shall I use this same one?
Yes, feel free to open new tickets to discuss individual issues in your project. This will help keep things organized, and help other users find answers to similar questions.

Thanks very much for your support Christian!!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.