Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Divi Builder Settings button doesn't work in Content Templates

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Click the Backend Divi Builder Settings button. From the Toolset menu, click on Content Templates. Then select a content template from the list. After that, click the "Edit with Divi Builder" button. When the backend builder appears, click the Divi Builder Settings button (the hamburger menu in the purple Divi Builder menu bar). It should open a pop-up containing the builder settings but instead nothing happens. The rest of the Divi builder buttons seem to work, but not that one.

Additionally, this seems to only happen with Toolset Content Templates. If I do the same thing on a page or post, I can bring up the Divi Builder settings with no issues. I'm not sure when this started. There have been some toolset updates recently, as well as a number of Divi updates.

When I bring up the browser dev tools, it appears that when I click that button, it throws a Javascript error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (builder.js?ver=3.21:12982)
at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:2)
at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:2)
at et_pb_create_prompt_modal (builder.js?ver=3.21:12890)
at N.d.settings (builder.js?ver=3.21:8072)
at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3)
at HTMLDivElement.r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3)
at Object.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3)
at Object.a.event.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:8)
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3)
(anonymous) @ builder.js?ver=3.21:12982
each @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:2
each @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:2
et_pb_create_prompt_modal @ builder.js?ver=3.21:12890
settings @ builder.js?ver=3.21:8072
dispatch @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3
r.handle @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3
trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3
a.event.trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:8
(anonymous) @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3
trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3
(anonymous) @ builder.js?ver=3.21:19172
dispatch @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3
r.handle @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,wp-pointer,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizab&load[]=le,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-dialog,jquery-ui-tabs,suggest,underscore,shortcode,wp-util,quicktags,wp-a11y,w&load[]=plink,backbone&ver=5.1.1:3

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Craig,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

I was able to reproduce the issue with the "Divi Builder Settings" button on my test website, but not with the specific errors and warnings that you've shared.

To further investigate and report this, it would help if you could share the clone or snapshot of your website.
(it can be from this website or from another test website where the issue is reproducible)

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works, you can skip the instruction video and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator Instructions:
hidden link

( note: I'll need both files and you'll probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big )

IMPORTANT: Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won’t be able to log in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will set your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Appreciate your time and have a great weekend.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Craig,

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package.

During further troubleshooting, I was able to reproduce this issue on my test website as well.

I've passed on these findings to the concerned team and will keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

Appreciate you brought this forward.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Craig,

Just wanted to update that this issue seems to have been fixed with the newer releases.

You're welcome to test this and let me know if it still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.