Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Divi and Toolset

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user asks about compatibility with the new Divi Block.

Solution:
Toolset is pushing towards the user of blocks. And it does not present any integration when building with Divi(we cannot pull custom field inside Divi modules). But using Toolset Blocks and Divi Blocks inside the Block editor seems to work.

Toolset has some integration with Divi 3, and no integration with Divi 4.

Related documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sinisa 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello,

I found some information about incompatibility of Toolset and Divi theme (in fact, Divi page builder). So, it's not recommended to use Toolset and Divi elements on the same page. However, that's info dated in January this Year. Later on, Divi release it's Divi layout Block for Guttenberg. With that update it's possible to use predefined elements build with Divi - in Guttenberg blocks.
I am just curios if that's compatible (on long run) with Toolset (?). It seems it should be fine, but you know better then me.
Please, check that Divi update and see if that would be fine regarding compatibility.

Thank you very much.
Kindest regards,

Sinisa S.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Sinisa and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

We have had an integration with Divi 3, but we don't have a similar one for Divi 4, and we recommend to not use both Divi and Toolset Blocks on the same page. As you can read in the last section of this article https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

Instead, we suggest, to use Divi for building static pages and use Toolset Blocks for the dynamic parts of your website. The video in the article can give you an example.

I hope this helps. Let me know what do you think.

Thank you very much Jamal.

I have read that article earlier. However, as I mentioned in my initial message, Divi recently announced "Divi layout blocks", so we can use Divi inside Guttenberg blocks - hidden link

That way we can use just Guttenberg blocks to store layouts from Divi, and another blocks (on the same page) for Toolset layouts. I am not sure if you know about that Divi feature. Can you please check that, and if that would work well together (on the same page)?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Sinisa

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you, Sinisa for this feedback. It seems a cool feature from Divi. I did not test it yet, maybe a page can mix both Toolset Blocks and Divi Layout block. But we still cannot pull Toolset data into a Divi block.

I am curious about how this will work on Content Template or on a Toolset View. Please try it, and if you found any issues, get back to us and we'll see what we can do and what our development and compatibility team will think about it.

Hi Jamal,

It seems it works just fine. Here you can find test page: hidden link
Upper part (dark part of the page) is build in Divi layout block, and bottom part is simple Toolset view, build in Toolset block. Both of them exist on the same page.
For now it's ok... however, I am curios how that wold work after some Toolset updates. That was my initial question (how that would work on "long run").

Thank you.
Regards

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Sinisa and thank you for your feedback. My apologizes for the later reply, I don't work on Mondays.

For the "long run" Toolset is also pushing towards Blocks. Toolset Layouts(our page builder) is currently on maintenance mode only. And no new features will be implemented for it. Toolset Views becomes Toolset Blocks https://toolset.com/2019/11/toolset-views-becoming-toolset-blocks/

Building the content ONLY with blocks(only using Divi block) is what Toolset expects, no issues should appear.

I hope this gives you more insights. Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.