Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Distance Map filter displays a required filed message on custom search

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
location.png

Hi, I setup a custom search with some filters, a search button and "Distance" Map filter.

When I set any value on the other filters and I click on the search button, I get a "required filed" message on the Distance filter and the search doesn't work.

I attach a screenshot to show you the message.

How can I deactivate the "required filed" message?

thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and by default, the distance filter field is set as a required field.

To make it an optional field, you can include the following script in your view's "JS editor" tab:

jQuery( document ).ready(function() {
  jQuery('#toolset-maps-distance-center').removeAttr('required');
});

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi there,

Just wanted to update that future release of Toolset Maps plugin ( ver: 1.7.2 ) will include a built-in option to make the distance filter field either optional or required.

Thank you for bringing this forward.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.