Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Distance from filter based on parent post address field

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello,
I've tried to setup a distance from filter on a view, but it doesn't seem to work, and I wonder if it's not because the address field for comparison is a parent post field.
Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

That's right.

You cannot filter Views by anything other than properties of the thing the View is querying, i.e. standard and custom fields, and taxonomies.

As you probably know we have a lot of work going on at the moment with Types and Views relating to post relationships, and the new way of storing and handling post relationships will finally make it possible to filter by properties of related posts.

It is not available with the current betas, but is planned, though I can't say for sure when it will be included. Keep an eye out on the release announcements, where the feature will be described when added.

OK thank you.
In the meanwhile I imported datas again with a new field.
Thank you.

Hi there,
as I am facing the same issue above now I'd like to know if in latest version of TMaps it's now possible to use a parent address from calculating distance of children from the current user. Pls provide link to tutorial and /or example, thanks
Thanks
Regards
Nicola

Hi Nicola, let's continue discussion in the new ticket here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/distance-from-filter-based-on-parent-post-address-field-part-ii/

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.