Skip Navigation

[Resolved] distance filter issue2

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Akhil 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi Luo.

could you help me on this.
the related ticket is here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/distance-filter-issue/#post-630616

what i am trying to achieve is to have filter in my existing wordpress archieves.
i understand its not supported yet but able to use view now but i am stuck here too.

i could not follow up with that tickets as the gmt is different.

thanks

anyone available to assist ?

Hello,

Yes, you are right, there isn't "distance filter" feature for Views wordpress archive yet, it has been put into our to-do list as a feature request, waiting for our developers evaluation.

So in the step "6 back to archieve page : add" of your thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/distance-filter-issue/#post-630616

It won't work, you can not use "distance filter feature" in Views wordpress archive.

And normal view will't work as expected in the wordpress archive page, for example, AJAX pagination and AJAX custom search form of normal view will not work as expected.

So here are my suggestions:
1) Wait for the new feature being implemented.
2) Create a independent normal view with custom search form + "distance filter", without AJAX features, and display it in the wordpress archive page.

Hi Luo.

from this:
2) Create a independent normal view with custom search form + "distance filter", without AJAX features, and display it in the wordpress archive page.

does this mean i have to create one view for each of the cpt that i have ?

thanks

It depends on yourself, if you need to display posts from specific post type, you will need to one view for each of the cpt.

Hi Luo, any new when this will be implemented or the thread discussing this issue ?

I just checked it in our to-do list, the feature request has been confirmed, and has been put in To-do list of Toolset map plugin, our developers are working on it, but I am not sure when will it be implemented, you can subscribe to our blog to get the updated news:
https://toolset.com/blog/

ok, thanks

Hi. any update on this from the developers ?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.