Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying Subcategories in CRED Form

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eric 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Hussein.

Author
categories-columns.gif

On an "Add Listing" CRED form, users can select categories and subcategories from a checkmark field. I used custom CSS to line the values to choose from in three columns (see attachment).

How can I get the parent categories and subcategories to line up evenly. I don't want the subcategories to indent under their parent categories. I would like subcategories to display like the parent categories, just three columns of values to choose from, no indentations. 🙂

Hi, Thanks for contacting Toolset support forums.

Can you please provide me with a link to the page where you're having this problem?

Cheers!

Hi Ahmed. The website is at hidden link. You will need to log into the site to visit the add a listing CRED form. I can provide you with credentials if you provide me a private means of sending it to you. 🙂 Eric

Hi Eric,

I marked the next comment as private, please go ahead and provide me with the login information.

Thanks!

Hi Eric,

I added the following CSS style to the CRED form CSS field and it did the trick:

.wpt-form-set-children{
  padding:0px !important;
  margin: 0px !important;
}

.wpt-form-set-children li {
    width: 33% !important;
}

I removed the margin and padding from the children categories

and gave them same width as the parents.

Please check and let me know if that solved your problem.

Cheers!

Thank you Ahmed. I appreciate the CSS. 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.