Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying multiple Parent's addresses on a map using a child view

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I have 2 custom post types: Rallies and Parks. A park is the parent of a rally in a 1 to many relationship. The rally is located at the parent Park's address. I am trying to map multiple rallies using the parent's address.

I followed the documentation located here: https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1622939-1620853. However, the map does not show the rally locations.

There is no similar example.

What is the link to your site? : hidden link and specifically rvrally.net/home showing the problem.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Would you allow me temporary access to check this closely? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

I understood that the map in hidden link should display 7 markers corresponding to the view's results, right?

Yes.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I will handle take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

First of all, when I login to your site I found that you are using Beta version for all Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

We do not recommend to use Beta version on production sites.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
If you agree - I can remove the beta version and install the latest stable Toolset plugins and integrate the map. Please let me know.

Full Backup complete.

Please have at it.

Gary

Minesh
Supporter

Please confirm that I can install the latest stable version of Toolset plugins on your install: hidden link

Yes please.

Make any changes/updates you consider necessary.

Gary

Minesh
Supporter

Again - Before I run the update - is the site you shared is your production site? hidden link

If yes - I recommend to share the test site as we do not recommend testing and troubleshooting on production/live sites.

I hope you already have backup the site if it's a production site.

It is always good to confirm before I take next step as its not good to broke production sites.

It is a production site - I do have a full backup.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok great but as per our support policy we do not recommend to test/debug on production site.

It will be great if you can provide testing site where I can play and troubleshoot the issue further. I hope this makes sense.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Please use this site. I am using it initially as a test site.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello, Minesh is on vacation so, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

I was able to login to your website and to view the test page hidden link
From what I gathered so far, the view is configured to display "Parks", check this screenshot hidden link

I understand that you want to display the Rallies based on a parent park, right?

Do you want to display this on the test page, and filter by Parks? If, yes, you will have to configure the view to display Rallies, then you will need to add a filter on the view on the relationship to Parks. Let me know if that's the case.

Do you want to display the map on each park's page? If yes, the view needs to be filtered on the relationship, based on the page where the view is used.

Please let me know what are trying to build?
I am still confused about your sentence I am trying to map multiple rallies using the parent's address. please elaborate more and I'll do my best to help.

Jamal,

I tried to simplify. If you go to the "Search Rallies" page, you will find that I have a rallies view and attempt to filter by the parent's (park) rating. It does not work.

Gary

Nonefound.png

For instance, when I preview the "Search Rallies" page and enter "4" for the park rating - I get "no items found".

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Gary for your feedback, but I am really sorry, I still don't understand what you try to get, especially, because we work on different users' websites and we can't keep track of each context.

By following the "Search Rallies" page, the view queries Rallies, but tries to filter by a custom field(rating) on the parent custom post type(Parks). This is not possible in Toolset, we can't filter a custom post type by fields on a related custom post type.

If you would like to display the Rallies from Parks that have rating 4, you will need to create a view to query Parks based on the rating, then you can use a nested view inside its loop. The nested view needs to be filtered by the relationship to the current post in the loop.

This being said, I would like to agree with you on what are the expected results. A simple way to explain it is by giving the step-by-step procedure that you want to have:
- Got to page with URL...
- Enter value xxx in field yyy.
- I expect to get posts aa, bb, cc, etc.
- Instead, I got posts zz, tt, etc.

I would also like to ask, what map you want to use, and what posts you want to put on it?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.