Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying a list of current CPTS to Edit or Delete (Issue)

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jasonw-2 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
hpost.jpg

I have a CPT of "Upcoming-Homepage". I have this where my customer can make a post (as well as add an end date to when it should disappear) on the homepage in place of some other standard content.

On the "/hpost/" page, I have a post form as well as where I am querying current and expired posts for my customer to edit or delete.

My issue is.. that in this query, it's showing (as pictured) the current page in the query. Checking the "Don't include current page in query result" has no effect on it whatsoever. I've also tried everything I could to get it gone, including trying to exclude the page by it's ID, and a few other things that I thought would filter it out. Nothing removes it.

I've messed with this for quite a while and I just can't seem to get it gone. 🙂 The view is /edit-page-events-list/ which resides on the /hpost/ page. The single' template for the CPT is an Elementor template (only being used for the edit form) which is /wp-admin/post.php?post=2261&action=elementor -- new posts are shown on the homepage using a completely different toolset template.

Any help would be awesome.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 10.44.09.png

Not sure why you have inserted the template at the start of the Loop Output section (screenshot).

I removed that and it fixes the problem (I think). I've re-instated it because I'm not sure what your intention is, but unless you have a good reason for it to be there, delete it.

*bows head in shame*. I have no idea how they got there. I must have inadvertently pasted that in there somehow.

Thanks, man.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.