Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display Woocommerce orders on front-end

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dmitryK-2 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi , I need a help of making the following - I have a webinars (wc products) on my site & I want managers to check attendees (wc customers) orders and payments via report via front-end View (1 product many orders).

So, I need to adjust logic shown here - https://toolset.com/learn/create-an-ecommerce-wordpress-site/displaying-more-information-from-woocommerce/how-to-display-woocommerce-orders-on-the-front-end/, showing Products breaking down by Orders (means vice versa described in this manual).

I've created an View "sht-adm_orders-prod_list" - shows all products, and subsidary View "sht-adm_orders-list" which needs to be filtered by 'prodid' shortcode attribute

I also found a good snippet of code https://toolset.com/forums/topic/show-orders-by-product-author/ , but my php is low, so a can't convert it into custom shortcode something like "[get_orders_by_product_id]".

So is it possible to create shortcode which will do with logiс described?

BR, Dima

I've also find this one for selecting all Orders for a given Product: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45848249/woocommerce-get-all-orders-for-a-product

so the first draft of code. looks like this but it doesn't works (showing "No results found" in View):

/**
 * Get All orders IDs for a given product ID.
 * @param  integer  $product_id (required)
 * @param  array    $order_status (optional) Default is 'wc-completed'
 * @return array
 */

function get_orders_ids_by_product_id_fn( $atts , $order_status = array( 'wc-completed' ) )

{
    global $wpdb;

// Attributes
            $atts = shortcode_atts(
                array(
                    'prodid' => '',
                ),
                $atts
            );

$results = $wpdb->get_col("
        SELECT order_items.order_id
        FROM {$wpdb->prefix}woocommerce_order_items as order_items
        LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->prefix}woocommerce_order_itemmeta as order_item_meta ON order_items.order_item_id = order_item_meta.order_item_id
        LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->posts} AS posts ON order_items.order_id = posts.ID
        WHERE posts.post_type = 'shop_order'
        AND posts.post_status IN ( '" . implode( "','", $order_status ) . "' )
        AND order_items.order_item_type = 'line_item'
        AND order_item_meta.meta_key = '_product_id'
        AND order_item_meta.meta_value = '$prodid'
    ");

return $results;
}

add_shortcode( 'get_orders_by_product_id', 'get_orders_ids_by_product_id_fn' );
Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 13.38.20.png

shortcode I use in "sht-adm_orders-prod_list" View:

[wpv-view name='sht-adm_orders-list' prodid='[get_orders_by_product_id]']

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As the the following Doc describes , have you registered your custom shortcode:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/how-to-create-a-custom-shortcode/#using-the-custom-shortcode
At

Toolset -> Settings page, click the Front-end Content tab and add your shortcode name in the Third-party shortcode arguments section.

If yes, have you also added the query filter to your view that catch the prodid view's shortcode attribute value?

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 15.54.17.png
Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 15.53.04.png

HI Minesh, sure

Shortcode registred, code added in functions.php (see attached)
In query filter 'prodid' attribute is added (see attached)

Minesh
Supporter

It looks like the issue is from the custom shortcode you added.

you are returning the results as given under - but it seems the $result variable contains the array.

return $results;

Can you please change the above line of code as given under - where we are joining the array elements with comma and generating the comma-separated string.

return join(",",$results);

Can you please make above check and let me know if that works or not.

Hm, done this adjustment
No luck. Still "No items found"

Minesh
Supporter

I need access details and problem URL so I can check whats going wrong.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Please choose tab #3 after logon:

Please choose tab #3 after logon

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to know where you added the shortcode "get_orders_by_product_id"? To your theme? If yes: I do not have capabilities to edit your theme.

Can you please send me FTP access details and tell me where exactly you added the code?

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked the code you wrote now and I see it needs to pass order_status and prodids to the shortcode you added.

I think you are using the shortcode wrongly as you do not pass the shortcode attribute order_status and prodids to the shortcode.

I would like to know first, what orders you would like to display?
- do you want to display all orders? or
- do you want to display orders belongs to current logged in user?

Great we have a solution!

I need to display all orders with: wc-pending wc-on-hold wc-cancelled wc-failed wc-processing wc-completed wc-refunded statuses

Minesh
Supporter

So, your concern here is to display all orders with those status (wc-pending wc-on-hold wc-cancelled wc-failed wc-processing wc-completed wc-refunded) irrespective of any user - correct?