Skip Navigation

[Resolved] display woocommerce category view

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by digitalF 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

I have a website with Woocommerce and Views. What I’m trying to do is display the category view on the homepage (featured image and title).

I have the featured images set up for the Woocommerce products, however I can’t get the category featured images showing - how do I go about doing this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

At the moment, you can display term fields on a View listing terms and on a term archive page. So, basically, you need to create a taxonomy view that should be set to query your taxonomy and add your custom term field within the Loop Editor section and add required query filter from query filter section.

More info;
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-wordpress-term-fields/

#2.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 09.25.18.png

Hi,

Just to add a bit of clarity. I'm trying to get the categories featured images/title to show on the homepage, within the page content. So I'm not sure if the archive page would fit this? Also I'm not seeing any option to add category image like the tutorial link you sent me?

I've attached a screenshot of my current 'content selection set-up', and my views code is as follows:

<wpv-loop>

<div class="range-container">
<a class="featured-image" href="[wpv-post-url]">[wpv-post-featured-image size="woocommerce_thumbnail"]</a>
<a class="product-title">[wpv-post-title]</a>
</div>
</wpv-loop>

I would like the featured image to be the category featured image, not the product one. I've attached a screenshot #2 with the options available and I don't see category image available here either.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As I understand you want to display the Product Category taxonomy's thumbain image. If this is correct:

If you do not install the plugin "WooCommerce Views" please install that:
=> https://toolset.com/download/toolset-woocommerce-views/

You can formate your loop as given under:

<wpv-loop>

<div class="range-container">
<a class="featured-image" href="[wpv-woo-productcategory-images]">
[wpv-woo-productcategory-images size="woocommerce_thumbnail" output="img_tag"] </a>
<a class="product-title">[wpv-taxonomy-title] </a>
</div>
</wpv-loop>

The above code will display the taxonomy title and taxonomy term image.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.