Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display view of taxonomy terms in archive

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a taxonomy archive that contains a taxonomy View, but the contents of the View do not appear in the archive.

Solution: There was a known issue with taxonomy Views inside taxonomy archives when a Content Template is used in the loop. This issue was resolved in a recent release of Views/Blocks. See the errata below for more information.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/errata/the-loop-content-template-of-a-taxonomy-view-placed-inside-a-wordpress-archive-returns-nothing/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by BenjaminH2340 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

I've created the following:
• Taxonomy "Ort"
• Some strucutred Terms (3 levels) for this taxonomy "Ort"
• Custom Post Type "Unterkunft"

For the Taxonomy "Ort" I now want to create an archive page which is showing some information about the term and a list of terms one level below the term I'm currently at. In addition to this there should be listet all accomodations (Unterkünfte) which are assigned to this term or the levels below.

I guess it's not a big problem, only a configuration thing.
Whould you please mark my next answer as a private message? Then I'll give you some login details.
Because the site is already structured a lot with toolset it is otherwise complicated to explain.

Thanks

Private reply fields are enabled here.

It sounds like you need to create a View of the Ort taxonomy with a Query Filter on term parent, where the parent term is set by the current archive. I'll be glad to review your setup so far and make some recommendations. Please be aware of this issue with taxonomy Views in taxonomy archives: https://toolset.com/errata/the-loop-content-template-of-a-taxonomy-view-placed-inside-a-wordpress-archive-returns-nothing/

Hello Christian,

thanks for your feedback. This is exactly the scenario you have described. You have already given me the answer to the problem. It was actually the bug with the content template. Now that I output the actual data directly from the view, the subordinated terms are also displayed.

Many thanks 🙂
The problem is solved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.