Skip Navigation

[Resolved] display single checkbox for 3-option field in search form

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Clay 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 10.53.37 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a field that has 3 options (sold, consigned, available). On my search form I want to display a single checkbox, with the text "only show available works".

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
The display would be similar to your support search box, where it says "search only in resolved threads" with a checkbox

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand you want to show only once checkbox "available" and you want to hide/remove other checkboxes option and with "available" checkbox option you would like to change the checkbox option text to "only show available works" - is that correct?

Yes, that's right.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - You can use custom jQuery code to achieve this.

But still I want to double check that you want only "available" checkbox option not one checkbox option that search on all 3 options - could you please confirm.

Also, could you please confirm problem URL?

Yes, the view initially loads all posts (sold, consigned, and available), but the checkbox is for displaying only "available" posts.

The URL is hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

so - you just want to display available posts when view loads first time (if so, no need to display checkbox - correct?) Or you want view load all results first and then when you click on "available" checkbox it should display only available posts.

Could you please confirm.

what-i-have.jpg
what-i-want.jpg

The second one. Please see the screenshots. The page is already the way I want it, except that instead of [what-i-have.jpg], I want it to be like [what-i-want.jpg].

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - great. All clear now.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've added the word status filter as given under using manual options when we add the filter using "New filter" button and I can see not its working fine.:

<div class="form-group">
	[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-work-status" type="checkboxes" source="custom" url_param="wpv-wpcf-work-status" values="available" display_values="only show available works"]
</div>

Could you please confirm.

Yes, it works perfectly now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.