Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display search results only after search

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user only wants to display his search results only after a search has been made.

Solution:
This is only possible if when you are inserting the view on the page you select the option "Search Form Only" where this will add the search form and then you can select which page you want to become your results page.

Take a look at this screenshot below.
@https://cdn.toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/choose-what-part-of-the-custom-search-to-display.jpg?x45313

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by culturaI 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello, i have a VIEWS, filters and results on the same page.
When i visit this page automatically all results are loaded, then i can filter them as i want clicking on search button.

I would to display search results only when i click on search button, not automatically when i visit the page, it's possible?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately no this is not possible with the search results and form on the same page.

This is only possible if when you are inserting the view on the page you select the option "Search Form Only" where this will add the search form and then you can select which page you want to become your results page.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane and thanks for your help

I tried to set correctly (also on target page) but search don't redirect me to target page as expected.

Also setting VIEWS as "display only filters" seem to display results on current page anyway (i had noticed already this)

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

It could be that the setup wasn't done correctly.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I've corrected the issue. It seems that you added the view cell itself instead of using the visual editor and then added the view shortcode to it.

Take a look it should now be working as intended.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane, the page source was another but it's okay, i understood the mechanism.

Can you confirm that i shoud use shortcode [wpv-form-view name="VIEWS-NAME" target_id=" EXIT-PAGE-ID"] wrapped in visual editor?

I was using layout editor without success

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Yes this is the shortcode to use.

Great, thanks for help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.