Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display near by place after it return a specific address in map

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by WeiS2074 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
map.JPG

In the archive page with a map, If I choose an option from filter then submit and get a result. can the map also display the nearby places (It's the record I inserted) also? If yes, Can I control the distance of the surrounding places?

For example, look at my screen shot, there are 3 places in the map. If I search for the shop name and return one shop only, Can the map display all the shops 50 km nearby which it can display another 2 shops?

Hello,

Q1) can the map also display the nearby places (It's the record I inserted) also?
Yes, it is possible, please follow our document to setup distance filter:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/filtering-and-ordering-map-markers-by-distance/

Q2) If I search for the shop name and return one shop only, Can the map display all the shops 50 km nearby which it can display another 2 shops?
No, if you search for the shop name, Toolset Views/Blocks will return the specific shops in the result, so the map won't display other shops.

filter setting.JPG
filter list.JPG

I have read this article, I followed what it said. but I can find a filter which the 3rd pic of the article showed. Which filter should I select?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the screenshots.

Luo is on a holiday today, so I'll be following up on this ticket.

I've done some testing and research and can confirm that the distance search filter option is available in regular post views but not in the WordPress Archives.

An internal ticket exists for this feature already and I've add your voice to it too, but I'm afraid, we don't have a time estimate to share at this time.

For now, a workaround would be to use a regular page with a post view, instead of the WordPress Archive, when distance based search is involved.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.