Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display marker (s) on the map

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.11 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cassianS 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
1st-FronEnd---2nd-backend.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
- I am trying simply to display markers on the view and in every single post. For some reason markers for some posts are not displayed on the front-end. At the same time, they are displayed on the edit page.
I couldn't any solution in your documentation.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
- yes: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/

What is the link to your site?
- an example of a single post which doesn't have a marker on the front-end but it does have on the back-end (address was entered and recognized)
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I tried to view the page that you've shared, but it seems that it is password protected.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how this map and the markers are set up?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the admin access, but it is not allowing me to log in with this message:

"LOGIN BLOCKED: 2FA is required to be active on all administrator accounts."

Can you please temporarily disable this 2FA authentication option from your security plugin?

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

{ticket status updated}

Oh, sorry, totally forgot about 2fa. I deactivated 2fa

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you and I was able to login to the admin area.

If you'll check the status of your "Google Map API key" from WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> Maps, you'll see an error: "REQUEST_DENIED - API keys with referer restrictions cannot be used with this API."

Please go to your Google dashboard ( at hidden link ) and check the following:

1. The application and the API restrictions should both be disabled in the API key's settings.

Screenshot: hidden link

2. Use "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES" button at the top to make sure that these APIs are enabled:

- Places
- Geocoding
- Geolocation

Once, your API key starts showing the message "Google API seems to be configured properly." the map and the markers should show correctly.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

My issue is resolved now. But I had to remove any domain specific restrictions to the domain. For some reason any restrictions do not work in my case. But thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.