Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display form values within the message after submitting the form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display user field value in CRED Add New User form >> Message, to display after form submission?

Solution:
1. Add this code in your theme’s or child theme’s functions.php file:

function get_user_id() {

if(isset($_GET['_target']) && $_GET['_target'] != ''){
  return intval($_GET['_target']);
 }
 else
  return 0;
}
add_shortcode( 'get_user_id', 'get_user_id' );

2. Register the ‘get_user_id’ shortcode first in Toolset >> Settings >> Front-end Content >> Third-party shortcode arguments.

3. Then add shortcode like this in CRED User form >> Message to display:

[wpv-user field="user_email" id="[get_user_id]"] 
This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
2017-08-09_12h31_28.png

In my cred-form i choose "Display a messyge instead of the form...".
I inserted some html-text as the success-message.
Now how could i show an input value of the submitted form in the following html-message? See screen?
body-codes, %%user_username%% for example, don´t work unfortunatelly.
Thanks in advance.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Fields and Views shortcodes.png

Hi Mario,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. Under section "After visitors submit this form:" >> you can use "Fields and Views" button >> there you will see all shortcodes you can insert and use in the cred form Success message, for example I have checked this one:

[wpv-user field="nickname"] 

Please see attached screenshot.

Thank you

thanks Noman.

Lets say my cred-form has a text-input field with the name 'key'.
In the message i want to show the inputed value, something like
%%key%% or [wpv-post-param name='key']
How can i get the posted/submitted values into the message in this case? (Pretty much the same as it is with email-notifications).

Noman
Supporter

Anything that is like %%key%% are the Email Tags and can only be used for Email message notifications, they are not supposed to work as website content or in message.

I suppose, by text-input field you mean to say Custom field (Single line text field), if that’s the case then you can add it using Fields and Views button, I have created a short video for you:
hidden link

Thanks

Thank you so much Noman. Great support.
It works for post-forms, but not for user-forms.

To be more precise: The cred-form is a user-registration form, that creates a new user. So the form-values for example are login_name and user_email.
In the "Display a message instead...." i want to show this inserted values.

Unfortunatelly shortcodes for [wpv-user...] always are valid for the current logged in user or for a specific User-ID, that i don´t have at this moment.

Noman
Supporter

Thanks for the compliments 🙂 Would it be possible for you to provide temporary site WP admin login so I can test it with exact same settings as you have.

If so, please also provide temporary website WP-admin info for your site so I can see your setup. Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the [CRED Form] Edit Screen and [Page link, etc] where we can see the issue.

Thanks

Noman
Supporter

Thank you for providing login info and links. I am going to debug this further and update you with my findings.

Thanks

Noman
Supporter

I have checked and confirmed that wpv-user shortcodes can not work for newly created user because they don’t get id for the new registered user.

I have achieved the required result using some custom code, please check here now:
hidden link

1. I have added this code in your theme’s or child theme’s functions.php file:

function get_user_id() {

if(isset($_GET['_target']) && $_GET['_target'] != ''){
  return intval($_GET['_target']);
 }
 else
  return 0;
}
add_shortcode( 'get_user_id', 'get_user_id' );

2. Registered the ‘get_user_id’ shortcode first in Toolset >> Settings >> Front-end Content >> Third-party shortcode arguments.

3. Then added this shortcode in CRED User form >> Message to display

[wpv-user field="user_email" id="[get_user_id]"] 

Thank you

Works. Thumbs up, Noman. Thank you so much.
I haven´t seen the userid as _target-parameter in the url.

Noman
Supporter

Great to hear that issue is resolved now 🙂 We are happy to help you, have a great day.

Thanks for the feedback.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.