Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display fields in elementor template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mariaT-2 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello, I have created a custom post type called vendors. Used Post title, Post body, feature image and a custom field called name. Then with toolset relationship I created one to many vendors -> products. Create a demo product and at the end of the page I assigned a vendor. Then i tried to create a product template with elementor with the following fields :
product title,
product image

and at the end I would like to display vendor title, vendor feature image and vendor custom field called "name". How can I achieve this?

Regards,

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - we offer a detailed step by step Doc that will help you to understand how you can use Elementor builder with Toolset to create a content template for your post.

Please try to follow the following links:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/

Hello, I saw those tutorials but in this way I cannot call the vendor of the product that is related. Should I create a view first. I need in the detailed product page to show some data of the vendor.

Minesh
Supporter

Does that mean you want to display parent (vendor) information on the single child page/post (products)? If this is correct:

When you try to add your field - click on the "Post Selection" tab and then select "A post related to the current post, set by the Types relationship". Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

So this can be done only with the content templates? Not with elementor. right?

It's ok I found it I can do it from Elementor too.

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to know that you found the solution. 🙂

Is it possible to have in custom post types custom sorting? For example let's say that we have in a custom post type 10 records. And for a reason in the front end I would like one record to transfer it on top of the others. How can I achieve this from the back end?

New threads created by Minesh and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-display-fields-in-elementor-template/

Minesh
Supporter

Well - as your original issue is resolved here. Please feel free to close the ticket as I've split the ticket with your new question.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.