Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display errors

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnS-45 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to post some custom post versions of pages that I have already posted on my site.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link is working just fine as I designed it with toolset.

What is the link to your site? This custom post type post is not working: hidden link On this post, the Google Streetview map is not showing on the top of the page, the Modula Gallery using a shortcode is not showing in the middle and the regular Google map is not showing at the bottom.

The custom place posts that are not working are copies of the regular page posts: hidden link is like: hidden link

Thank you for your time and your help!
John

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I checked the post link you shared:
- hidden link

I can see number of JS errors with the broswer's console.

- Can you please make sure you are using latest WordPress+Toolset plugins+themes version? If yes:

In order to minimize the cause of the issue and make sure there is not conflict with any third-party plugin or theme you are usig:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

I am updating now and I will have to do the testing on my staging site or my dev site. I will be back once I get that done.

Update:

I turned off all plugins and turned them all back on - one by one. I was unable to see the problem.

Here is the test page with all the plugins back on: hidden link All the content is displaying perfectly!

Here is the live page with all the plugins back on: hidden link the missing content is still missing!

This makes no sense to me.

You should know that I thought this all might be connected to a plugin called Post Type Switcher. https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-type-switcher/ I first tried to get a page turned into my custom post type of a place before I did anything else. It did not work, but maybe it caused some errors that cannot be overcome now? Is this possible?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I will require access details to investigate further and that will allow me to know why its not displaying the content and is it really broken by post type switcher.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The problem was caused by using a different map on the bottom of the page. I now have 2 maps showing and I am not quite sure how to fix that, but the other content on the page is now showing. Thanks for your help.

I found the solution by doing some reverting of the site to a previous state and realized that the post switcher was not the problem. I kept testing until I discovered that the default block map function was causing the error. It was stopping the toolset map from showing at the top and bottom of the page and it was somehow interfering with the gallery from Modula.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.