Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display defaut post’s post type slug in URL

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to change my site's default post permalink structure to be mysite.tld/%post_type%/%post_name%/

Solution: You can use the permalink structure settings in wp-admin > Settings > Permalinks to add some custom rewrite slug. Then in each custom post type's rewrite rules you can disable the "append to front" setting as needed.

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,
I was able to change the permalink structure for my CPTs, that are now mysite.tld/%post_type%/%post_name%/
But I can't find how to do it for the defaut post type.
Is this achievable with Toolset or WMPL ?
Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 4.35.32 PM.png

Are you talking about using a custom structure in wp-admin > Settings > Permalinks? See the screenshot here for an example.

Doing this affects all posts.
I only want to apply this to default "post" post type.
My own custom post types already have a working /cpt/post-name/ structure.

front-base.png

Yes, it affects other post types that have the option "Allow permalinks to be prepended with front base" turned on in the CPT post type options (see screenshot). You can disable that option for other CPTs, right?

That's perfect ; thank you very much !

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.