Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display Custom Taxonomies

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janD-6 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I can´t find how to show the items/products which are in a custom taxonomy.
If would like a page with links to that taxonomy and their products.
I tried to make dinamically, but I can´t.
The page is hidden link
I would like that for example: "Granite" Go to a page with granites products, show a simple text and the a list of the products of that taxonomies.
Same with "Marble", "Quartzite", "Silestone", etc.
I try to use "content templates toolset", "Toolset Views" but I think there must be a simple way to this, avoid to make several views per taxonomy.
I don´t need to search in that page, but I need pagination.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I am not sure if I understood it very well. do you want to have all taxonomies and products on the same page? Or do you want to have taxonomies on the first page, and have links to each taxonomy page with products inside of it?

To display a list of taxonomy terms with links to each term page, you will need to create a taxonomy view. Currently, the block editor does not allow creating taxonomy views. So, you will need to activate the legacy editing experience in Toolset->Settings->General->Editting Experience. Reload the page to get the Toolset->Views link. Go to Toolset->Views. Create a new view and in the first section, content selection, check the taxonomy that you want to display.

For each taxonomy term products, WordPress offers archive pages for each taxonomy term. Read more about archives in our glossary https://toolset.com/glossary/archive/
The taxonomy view will display links to each term archive.
You can customize how archives are displayed using archive templates in Toolset->WordPress Archives.

Then you will have to add the taxonomy views to your page using a shortcode:

[wpv-view name="Name of slug of the view"]

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Or allow me temporary access and I'll build an example for you. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

First, we'll need to activate the legacy editing experience too, because blocks do not support taxonomy views yet. Check this screenshot hidden link

Then, go to Toolset->Views and create a new view with the "Add New" button. And choose the view to display taxonomies, check this screenshot hidden link
Edit the view here hidden link

Then we can use the view inside our page using a shortcode block. Check this screenshot hidden link
Check my test page here hidden link

If you are instead talking about the terms on the homepage, those are created with Elementor and you will need to enter the link manually. Check this screenshot hidden link

Thank you for clarify!
It is too useful, but I still have a doubt.

You make the page hidden link great!
but if you go to "granite" for example, you go to hidden link

but the product´s displayed is only the names of the products, I would like to add a picture (feature picture of each product) and a button (you can click in the button and it goes to the product post type)

Can you help me with that?

Jamal
Supporter

Sorry, I forget to mention that the archive is using an archive template, you can add an image to it, customize it further.
You can edit it at Toolset->WordPress Archives. Check this screenshot hidden link
hidden link

Thank you!
One more question!
Can I order items as my hierarchy? That I use in the taxonomies?

Jamal
Supporter

My apologies, but I do not understand your question Can I order items as my hierarchy? That I use in the taxonomies?

Please elaborate more about it.

order-b-types.jpg
bussiness-types-veiw.jpg

Hi Jamal,
You made the "business-types-taxonomy-view" for me, now I understand, thank you very much!

When I saw the view in the front end I saw the following file: bussiness-types-veiw.jpg

I would like that the bussiness types display in order as this: order-b-types.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Jamal
Supporter

Currently, the taxonomy terms are ordered by the term name, you can change that to the term_id which is the default order in the backend. Check this screenshot hidden link
You can update the view here hidden link

If you want more customized order, you can use a third-party plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.