Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display custom field for taxonomy terms to archive taxonomy

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by olegB-2 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello!

I'm using the new function Toolset - custom fields for taxonomy terms. I would like with the Views customize page for archive taxonomies. I would like to be displayed on taxonomy page (eg hidden link) custom fields with information about this term taxonomy (mynewcategory). How do I achieve this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Lets get some stuff out the way first 🙂 you can only display the taxonomy custom fields on:

1. Custom Archives - Where you go to Toolset -> WordPress Archives and creating a new Archive. Once you click the fields and views button you should be able to search for your custom field to display.

2. On Views that display taxonomy information. This means that if you create a new view and select taxonomy then you can use the fields and views button to display the custom fields as well.

In your case you will need to create a custom archive in order for you to achieve this.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

I apologize, but I would like to ask one more question. Is it possible to WordPress archive page display taxonomy term ID? Thanks for the help!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Oleg,

You can actually do this by using this shortcode,

[wpv-taxonomy-archive info="id"]

For more information on this shortcode you can have a look at the documentation below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-archive

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you! That's all I wanted to know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.