Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display Children of Children

This support ticket is created 6 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidT-17 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Build a View that shows the children of children. In other words I have a grandparent CPT and want to show all of the grandchildren. In my example I have the following three CPTs: Vehicle > Vehicle Record > Vehicle Record Document. I want to show all of the Vehicle Record Documents associated with each Vehicle.

I know that I need to nest the views in order to get the correct context, but I am having trouble getting the views set up correctly.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Where exactly are you having the issue ? Is it with displaying the grandchildren?

If you have not yet taken a look at our nested view documentation please have a look now as it should be able to guide you.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Yes I am having trouble showing the grandchildren. I have read the documentation mentioned, but will reread it again. This view will have nothing to do with taxonomy though.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the pages that you are displaying the information on ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.