Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display author of CPT Post in the WordPress admin

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.04 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Ben
screen-edit-post-type.png
edit-post-type.png

Adriano,

Perhaps you can help, I need in the WP admin, to see the author of a post (custom-post-type). This is part feature request, and part, asking how I might achieve the same result if I were to roll my own.

Basically mistakes are being made by editors, but I've no way of knowing by looking at the admin post archive, who created it. Is there a way to do this already or a way to add this to a CPT admin post archive page?

I've composited two (fictional) examples of the desired result in the attached images

Ben

I guess, it would involve manipulating post_type_supports, is there a safe way to modify Type's definition of my custom post types?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/post_type_supports

Captura de Tela 2016-04-15 às 09.37.28.png

Hello,

Have you defined Author in the definition of the Post Type? "Displays a dropdown menu for changing the post author."

Once you do that the column should appears like you can see in my attached image.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

Ben

Adriano - thanks for the help!

You are welcome.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.