Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display a Youtube Video on a slider

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sebastianK 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

Hello!

I am using Slider Revolution. hidden link

It works perfectly with the shortcodes from Wp-Types. But I have only a problem, and I ask you for your help.

I have a field in my custom post who is: id-youtube (I put there the ID of youtube video)

In revolution slider I try to add a new layer of Video. I select "Youtube" and after that I use the shortcode: [types field="id-youtube"][/types].

I do the same with other fields of text or image. And works great!

But with the video I get error! Nothing happen. The shorcodes not works.

I try too with an HTML layer.

I get first the Youtube frame:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I add in th HTML layer the iframe replacing the code of the "youtube ID" with the youtube-id field:

<div><iframe width="560" height="315" src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em> field="id-youtube"][/types]?rel=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

But I get error.

The only way that I has not error is creating a field for the entire iframe of Youtube, but in this way, I have to copy the code with widht and heigh on each video, and i want only save in my field the youtube id or link in order if i want to change something, I can do it for all my post at once.

This is the way without error:

Field:

youtube-id: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Html layer:

<div>[types field="youtube-id"][/types]</div>

So, I want only have a field for the Youtube video ID or link.

Display this if I can in a VIDEO layer (because I have more options to configurate), if not, in a HTML Layer calling the field with the Youtube ID or link.

I hope you can help me, is very important! Thanks in advence.

Best regards.
Sebastian.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

After reviewing the screenshots you shared with me, I can see that the Types field is not rendered. As you added types field shortcode to youtube URL textbox, the textbox itself considering the shortcode as a string due to that shortcode do not render.

As you already admit that Types shortcode works well at other places. Here, what I can suggest is you should contact your plugin developer regarding this as the textbox is coming form plugin and textbox is not able to parse the shortcode.

Okey,

But could you help me? The plugin is free, you can check it creatin a new slider in blank.

I understand that in VIDEO Layer doesn't work. But adding an HTML Layer works very good put fields like: image, or text shorcodes. Perfectly!.

My cuestion is, when I put this frame code from youtube combined with the field "youtube-id" in a wordpress html page o post, works perfect! Why in HTML layer on the slider doesn't if other shortcodes like image or text works good.

This is the code who works perfect in html wordpress, but not in html layer on slider: The "id-youtube" field is Text, like the other fields "Artist" who work great on slider html.

<div><iframe width="560" height="315" src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em> field="id-youtube"][/types]?rel=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Could you help me tryin please? Also, this is a very good idea to the plugin, because slider revolution is very powerfull and working with Types, you can create just one slider to 200 post! and Slider Rev is really greate to create the slider in minutes!

Could you help trying?

Best!
Sebastian

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check if following code works.

<div><iframe width="560" height="315" src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em> field='id-youtube'][/types]?rel=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Is not working,

Could you try?

Is just:

1- Install de plugin Slider Revolution

2- Create custom field text and put the Youtube ID (Eg. 72wdAE0wqS0 ) or the youtube link (E.g. hidden link)

3- Add new HTML layer in one slider X

4- Paste in the html layer the code to use the youtube ID:

<div><iframe width="560" height="315" src="hidden link field="id-youtube"][/types]?rel=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

or with the complete link...

<div><iframe width="560" height="315" src="[types field="link-youtube"][/types]?rel=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

I'am sure you have much more ideas or capacity than my to do it ! Is strange that in one HTML but calling the text like [types field="name"][/types] works perfect.

Please try it, is just 10 minutes... Thanks in advance!!

Minesh
Supporter

I do not have that plugins with me. I searched on WordPress but I do not find it.

Could you please upload that plugin somewhere (dropbox) and share the download link with me?

Yes!

This is the plugin: hidden link

This is the google drive link:

hidden link

Thanks in advace! You are a great support!

Best.
Sebastian.

Minesh
Supporter

I debug and tried every possible way but the thing is that even normal shortcode is not get parsed including the types shortcode.

With field "YouTube ID or URL", it accepts only youtube video id or URL. It does not accept any shortcode that is having stored youtube video id.

I can not customize the plugin code and unfortunately its beyond the scope of our support policy. It requires custom programming and if you need custom programming for your project please feel free to contact our certified partners.
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Thank you for understanding.

Thanks Minesh! Will be very nice if Types and Slider Revolution are completly integrated.

Thanks !!

Sebastian.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.