Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display a filtrable list of users

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

Hi!
I'm creating a members only sites where users can see other users data. Just what Buddypress will do.

The thing is that I've created a all my custom field as _User Fields_ and just found out that all users related fields can not be used within Custom Search
"Only Views listing posts can have custom search inputs."

So I guess the questions are:

¿How can I create a View for all my users filtered by a specific Custom Field from the User Field?

¿ How can I create a Content Template for each user to show all my Custom Fields that will be access from this view ?

I would really appreciate if you can point me out to some documentation that will help me out. I already follow:
https://toolset.com/learn/create-membership-site-wordpress-using-toolset-plugins/

But this is not covering what I need.

Could you explain me how to approach this? Should I use CPT instead of User Fields?

Thanks!

Dear Cesar

I think it is possible within custom user fields.

Q1) How can I create a View for all my users filtered by a specific Custom Field from the User Field?
Yes, you are right, user view does not support custom search form, for example, there is a custom single line user field "my-user-field", you can create a view to list all users whose "my-user-field" field value is same as current user's, for example:
1) Create a view "my-user-view", list users, filter by Usermeta field filter:
Select items with field:
my-user-field is a string equal to VIEW_PARAM(myuserfield)

2) display above view like this:
[wpv-view name="my-user-view" myuserfield="[types usermeta='my-user-field' user_current='true'][/types]"]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/passing-arguments-to-views/
section "Controlling the filter with shortcode attributes"

Q2) How can I create a Content Template for each user to show all my Custom Fields that will be access from this view ?
Could you elaborate the question with more details?
What kind of content template do you need, what custom do you want to show? how do you setup the view?
I need to test it in my localhost ,thanks

toolset-help.png

Thanks so much for your support,

Q1)
I followed your instruction but can't found VIEW_PARAM, see the attached image bellow. Content selection is set to Users/Any role
Is there something I'm missing?

Q2)
you are right, this was difficult to explain, but I manage to make it work with views and a pretty useful Query that filter users by ID

Thanks!

It is the option "Shortcode attribute" in your screenshot:
hidden link

Thanks

I have same issue. I need a page, "Display a filterable list of users"
This post is not helpful because I'm using Toolset Blocks which I can't use View plugin.
Would you explain how to do it with "Toolset Blocks"
Or is there any document for this? Please let me know.
Thanks,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.