Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Disabling toolset maps on some post types

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to disable Toolset Maps on specific post types.

Solution: You can use the Field Group editor to suppress Address fields in any post type, but there isn't a way to disable the plugin per post type.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Chris 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

When I activate toolset maps it appears for all post types. I only want to use it for one post type - can I disable it for other post types?

Hi, you can't disable Maps for specific post types exactly, but I'm not quite clear I understand what that would achieve. For example, if you don't want to include an address custom field in some post type, place that field in a field group and disable that field group for the post type you want to exclude. Or if you don't want to show a map on the front-end for some post type, you could use conditional HTML on the post type's template to hide the map. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you want to accomplish...could you provide more details?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! I hadn't specified the post type for my field group,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.