Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Disable the single page for a custom post type not working

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Edit Post Type.png

Hi,

I am having an issue with a CPT that was created in toolset types.
I want to hide/disable the CPT single page, so I have unchecked 'has_archive' & 'publicly_queryable' (and checked 'exclude_from_search' so it doesn't show up in the search result page). It's working for the other CPT I have created with Toolset types, but it's not working for a specific CPT. When I go to one of the CPT single page, the page still shows up. As the working ones, it will redirect to the homepage, which I want.

What is the issue?

Please find a screenshot attached.

Thank you, Rose

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Rose

I just checked on my own test site to double-check if anything in particular was required, and the settings you described were sufficient to hide the posts of that type.

Before going any further, can you test for conflicts?

Disable all non-Toolset plugins and switch theme to twentynineteen then try again. If the issue disappears then it should be possible to determine the source of any conflict by a process of elimination.

If that doesn't make any difference, then I'd need a copy of your site for debugging by my colleagues.

See this link for how to use Duplicator to prepare a copy that you can upload to somewhere like Dropbox, and you can share the link here.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I haven't tried that yet, but when I created a new Custom Post Type with the same settings, it works (it hides the single pages).
It's just that specific CPT isn't working properly.

Thanks, Rose

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry, here's the link for preparing a duplicate, it sounds like I'll need to test that: hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.