Skip Navigation

[Resolved] “Disable Framework Installer and customize this site”,??

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
After installing a Reference Site using the Framework Installer, there is a message to "Disable Framework Installer and customize this site". Is it safe to do so?

Solution:
Yes.

The Framework Installer plugin is solely for setting up the Reference Site and importing its content. Once complete it is no longer required and should be deactivated.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Please tell me what "Disable Framework Installer and customize this site", means. Should I do it? I don't understand.
I can find very little about it and the documentation links I found are dead.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Scott

The Framework Installer plugin has one job, namely to install a copy of a reference site.

Once the installation is complete then the Framework Installer itself is redundant and can de de-activated. You would only need to re-activate it to install another reference site (for which you would need to reset the site to wipe the current content).

The installed reference site is not dependent on the installer once its job is done.

thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.