Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Disable Featured Image stopped working in Content Template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by joelW-3 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi - I recently updated my GeneratePress theme to version Version: 3.0.2. When I did, my content template, which was set to "Disable Featured Image" started showing the Featured Image. I confirmed that it is still set to "Disabled" in the content template. I have cleared my browser cache and cleared the caches in WP Optimize, but the problem is still persisting. Any thoughts on what might be causing it? Thank you!

Example link: hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I just created a fresh test site with GeneratePress 3.0.2 and with Types 3.4.2 and Blocks 1.3.2 and registered a custom post type that supports featured images and published a sample post with a featured image.

I created a content template for that post type, and in the theme settings for that template I disabled the featured image.

When I view the post on the front-end, the featured image is not displayed.

If I edit the template and change the setting to enable the featured image, then it is displayed.

So everything working as expected.

Can you disable all plugins except Types and Blocks, and make sure you are using the GeneratePress theme itself rather than a child theme.

Does it then work correctly? If so, then you should be able to determine the culprit by a process of elimination...

Thanks, Nigel. I tried that and it looks like it is the GeneratePress Premium plugin that is causing the issue. When I Deactivate it, the Featured Image does not appear, but when I reactivate it again shows up, even though I have Featured Image disabled in my Content Template. Is there a workaround for this?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Which version are you using?

I just downloaded what I take to be the latest version of GP Premium—1.12.2—and activated it, and it makes no difference to disabling the featured image.

If you are using the same version and see something different, I guess it must be something specific in the settings, because I simply activated the plugin.

Can you review the settings and see if there is something specific that is responsible?

It looks to be the Blog Module that is causing the issue. It has a setting that controls displaying the featured image on posts as well and must have been overriding the setting in my content template. A bit frustrating - I wish that it had the ability to distinguish between standard and custom post types.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Nigel is on Vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

What setting exactly you are referring to? Can you please share screenshot of that setting or access details to your site with problem URL where I can see the issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 083858.png

Hi Minesh,

The setting is in the attached image. It is only available when you activate the Blog Module of GeneratePress Premium. When the option is selected, it is displaying the Featured Image for all Post Types (including my custom post type - even though I have set the custom post type to disable featured image.) When the option is unchecked the issue goes away and my custom post type renders without the featured image. Luckily I am not displaying featured images for my custom post type or my regular posts, so it is not an issue for me once I turn this option off. But it may be for someone else if they encounter the same problem?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thanks for the details.

As we do not have any other users reporting such issue and this could be even handled by adding custom CSS to disable the featured image.

You are welcome close this ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.