Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Disable Archive or change archive URL

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wilsonC-2 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I created a list on a page to be the parent of my custom-type posts. The problem is that the archive has the same URL I need for my page. When both URLs are live, WordPress chooses to show the archive. I want to disable this archive or change its URL to not conflict with the page I just created. By the way, the URL needs to be this one, so it's not an option for me to change the page's URL.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I followed some Q&A. There are some similar questions but none of those clearly present the solution I need.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You can disable custom post type archives in the post type definition in Toolset->Post Types. Check this screenshot hidden link

Read more about post types options here https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/register_post_type/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.