Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Directory Questions

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Toolset03.JPG
Toolset02.JPG
Toolset01.png

Hello,

I am using the Toolset plugin solely to build a business directory for my site. I'm following tutorials for setup, but have not found answers for these two issues.

1) How do I remove the page title (see red arrow in upper left corner) from appearing on the front end?

2) Is there a way to auto-resize the main images in listings (and from the point of public submission) so all images are the same size and therefore all columns the same height? (see arrow in lower right corner)

Additionally, I am following the tutorial shown in screenshot, however, I am not getting the boxed layout results nor have I found an option to do so. Instead, my listings are showing in full screen. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Katie

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Katie,

Welcome to Toolset support and I'd be happy to assist.

I tried to view your website, but it seems that you have to be logged in for that.

To suggest the best way to achieve those goals, I'll need to see how these elements are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page(s) from your screenshots?

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Katie,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

1) How do I remove the page title (see red arrow in upper left corner) from appearing on the front end?

- The Divi theme doesn't seem to have a built-in option to disable the page's title.

You can include some custom CSS code in the View block's "Custom CSS" section, to hide it:
( screenshot: hidden link )

#content-area .entry-title.main_title {
display: none;
}

2) Is there a way to auto-resize the main images in listings (and from the point of public submission) so all images are the same size and therefore all columns the same height? (see arrow in lower right corner)

- I noticed that those images were set to show in full size, in the view and since they originally have different dimensions, the columns are showing with different heights too.

To make those images have a uniform size, you can select an image thumbnail size from the "Image" block's settings.
Screenshot: hidden link

Note: Since the image uploaded for the "Sample Business 03" post is very large, I had to reverse the post order to access this image size setting.

I've reported this issue of missing image size settings for very large images to the concerned team and will keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

For now, you can select the desired image thumbnail and then reverse the order again.

3). Additionally, I am following the tutorial shown in screenshot, however, I am not getting the boxed layout results nor have I found an option to do so. Instead, my listings are showing in full screen. Am I missing something?

- To get a boxed layout on the single business pages ( e.g. hidden link ), you can go to the edit screen of its template "Template for Businesses":
hidden link

You'll note that the whole content is wrapped inside two nested "Container" blocks.

You can set a dark background color to the outermost container and white background color to the inner one, using the "Background" settings.

Next, you can set a max-width percentage value to the inner container, using the "Inner Content" settings.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you so much for your help!

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Katie,

I just wanted to update that the latest releases of Toolset Blocks (1.2) and Views (3.2) include a fix for the missing image size settings, for very large images.
(mentioned in point 2 of my last reply)

You're welcome to update the plugins and let us know in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.