Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Designing Content Templates with Beaver Builder

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author
Capture.JPG

Using both Beaver Builder and Toolset plugins. Attempting to follow directions found here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-bb/

One note, you mention to have Visual Composer plugin installed and active. I am unclear on what this is. I have the Toolset Views and Toolset Types plugins installed and active.

After I create the template for my custom post type, I am unable to edit with Beaver Builder. I have the following prompt:

"Before you can edit with Page Builder, you need to choose what type this Content Template will display."

Yet I have already selected the type (a custom post type names Shows).

Thanks for your assistance.

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Dear james,

Q1) you mention to have Visual Composer plugin installed and active. I am unclear on what this is.
If you have the Beaver Builder installed in your website, the Visual Composer plugin isn't needed any more. it should be a mistake in the document.

Q2) I have already selected the type (a custom post type names Shows).
This is abnormal, please check these:
1) Refresh that page of your screenshot, and test again
hidden link
2) Make sure you are using the latest version of Views + Beaver Builder.
3) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again