Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Deleting repeatable field posts

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidR-12 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

How do I delete repeatable field posts? I have a number of them that arent connected to anything but are still present but I can access them to delete them.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for getting in touch.

For clarity are you referring to repeatable field groups ?

Is it that you want to delete a repeatable field group item from a post ? Please provide further details as well as screenshots so that I can understand the issue better.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I am talking about posts created from repeatable field groups. So here:

hidden link

These are created from repeatable fields. The ones that dont have a teacher listed at the top are not connected to any parent post. There doesn't seem to be any way to access them to delete them.

David

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I was able to replicate this issue on my local install and made a report to our second tier supporters.

In the meantime there is a workaround that you can use to get rid of your orphaned posts.

You can create a View of RFGs with no post relationship query filter, then add a conditional in the loop that tests the ID of the parent post. If it's empty, then the RFG is an orphan.

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-id item="@rfg-slug.parent"]' eq '' )"]  
RFG [wpv-post-title], ID: [wpv-post-id] is an orphan!<br />
You could add an edit post link here, if you'd like.
[/wpv-conditional]

You would have to modify rfg-slug to match your RFG slug.
Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

I already know which ones are orphans. I need to know how to remove them.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Given that you know which posts are the orphaned posts then you will need to delete them directly through the database or use the solution in my previous post.

What it will do is to pick up all the RFG that are orphans and allow you to delete them from the frontend.

I've also escalated this issue so that our developers can address it.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.