Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Deleted then reinstalled Toolset, need help importing data back into plugin

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
searchable database.jpg

As the new website administrator for Arts Impact, I've made a big error and need some help fixing it please. While trying to dive in and make changes that needed to be handled right away, I made the mistake of deleting this plugin. I did this because I wasn't able to create new pages and GoDaddy said it was a Widget problem. Toolset appeared to be the 'problem' plugin because I was not able to easily run an update for it without paying for an upgrade (and I didn't realize what an important part it played in the functioning of the Arts Impact website). Anyhow, long story short, I made the mistake of deleting it.

Well, it solved my problem of not being able to create pages but that's also when our Searchable Lesson Plan Database disappeared. BIG OOPS!!! Now that I have realized what an embarrassing decision I made, I need to put the data back in place now that we have renewed our Toolset account. I have reinstalled the plugin and I have a July 18, 2019 Updraft Backup of our site. I could just run the RESTORE on Updraft but then I would lose a LOT of work because the backup is quite old. Would it be possible for you to help me just restore the files that contain data related to Toolset Types?

My understanding is that the Searchable Lesson Plan Database was most affected by this mistake that I made so I think that is the data I'm looking for but honestly, I'm still not 100% certain how it was all built. You can view the old page in the WayBack machine here: hidden link (image also attached)

I hope my explanation makes sense. My direct email is standre4@gmail.com or you can call me at 206-954-8165 (USA, Pacific Standard Time, Seattle area). Thank you for any assistance you can provide. It is most appreciated.

Liz St.Andre

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Liz,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry to learn about the difficulty you're having.

The Toolset related data (like custom post types and custom fields etc) is stored into the database and not as part of the plugin files.

The good news is that this data is not deleted from the database, even if the plugin's files are deleted from the website.

Based on what you've shared, I'll recommend the following steps:

1. You can deploy the clone or backup from the older date onto a separate online location so that you have a reference website to compare any missing elements, with respect to the live website.

2. Please also create a latest backup copy of the live website, so that you have a copy of all the latest changes/data too, in case you ever need to restore back.

3. After that, you can scan and compare the important pages on both websites to see the differences and evaluate what exactly is missing.

You can then share the link to those pages with us and we'll be able to suggest how those missing elements can be restored or if needed re-created.

I hope this helps and if this sounds like a lot of work or you'd like to fix everything up quickly, you can also consider hiring a professional from our list of recommended contractors:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.