Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Delete relationship no longer working

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by joostv-5 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I WANT CHRISTIAN COX TO HELP ME - I WILL WAIT!! - why did you take away the option!?
Hi,
Something very weird just started happening.
In views my delete relationship links stopped working! when you hover the mouse over them it gives (in the bottom left of browser) the link of the page with "#".
This is TERRIBLE - it used to work!
Also - deleting an intermediary post is NOT deleting the relationship. Isn't it supposed to? Isn't that the way the "delete relationship" link is supposed to work??
Here's what the code looks like (did it change? I don't remember it looking like this)
[cred-delete-relationship role_items='$fromViews' relationship='track-client' redirect='self']Delete Pitch[/cred-delete-relationship]

This is very bad for me as clients are supposed to be able to delete relationships from the front ONLY.

Thanks,
Scott.

OK - I figured out why relationships where still showing in some views - it was because the intermediary post was "trashed" rather then "deleted"
However - it still remains that the delete relationship links are not working anymore.
Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I will ask Christian to take care of this ticket and pass to him. He will in touch with you once he will be back to work.

Can I see how this is set up in wp-admin? I would like to try to reproduce it in my own environment so I can confirm the workflow. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here and let me know where I can see the "delete relationship" links on the front-end of the site.

Okay I have seen issues with non-admins and the Delete Relationship link in the past. If you don't want to manage post types with Access until this other problem is resolved, one way to give another role the ability to delete a post relationship from the front-end like this is to grant the "manage_options" capability in Access. That should resolve the problem, assuming that doesn't open up too many options for the Editor role in wp-admin.

Let me know if this is a satisfactory solution for now or if we need to look for a more targeted capability.

Hi Christian,

granting "manage_options" to editor is not an option. I think what might work instead of a delete relationship link, use an edit post link and from there have a delete post link. I'll let you know if this works.

I'll stand by for your update, thank you.

Capture.PNG

deleting post from the intermediary post works fine for editor - I'll use that instead of delete relationship link.
May I ask another question? let me know if I need to open a new ticket...
Concerning an intermediary of mine - the date field, when selecting today's date put's it twice when viewing the results in it's child (not sure about when viewing from adult as I have no need for that)
So - "Track-Client" in a many to many, the intermediary has a date field, when selecting the current day's date it put's it twice when viewed in "client". It only seems to be a problem with the intermediary. In the back end of WP, when viewing "all items" of intermediary the date field is empty for those ones with double dates.
If I go back and re-do the date (selecting today's date) it then works fine.
Thanks!

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/date-field-in-intermediary-post-shows-twice-on-front-end/

Okay I've split that question into a separate ticket so we can discuss in more detail.

Thanks! I'll close this...

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. For the security of my website I am very hesitant to provide the "manage_options" capability to users. I need to have a delete button directly in the post, so using an edit link is not really an option. Is there an alternative solution available?

Thanks!

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-delete-related-post/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.