Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Delete Own Posts using Toolset Forms checked but can't delete own post.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author
No Delete Link visible (user created form).png
Forms Access Rights.png

I would like to allow posts created by a form to be able to delete their own posts but not others.

I have the box Delete Own Posts using Toolset Forms checked and Delete Others Posts using Toolset Forms UNchecked (see image) but can't delete own post.

I created the custom post type Vacancies. I added a new post to it as 'Pete' using a form and I'm logged in as Pete with the Supporter role.

But the Delete link isn't visible (only Edit). What am I doing wrong?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know for which role you want to give the capabilities to delete your own posts and can you please share the problem URL where you want to display the delete link?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi, as it's set in the image it's the Supporter role.

I've just looked logged as Admin and it appears to work, so it's not to do with the role per se. Do you think it's capabilities.

I'm working locally using hosts file to redirect so can't give you back end access.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - it could be capabilities, how do you create the supporter's role? Have you copy any other role?

Yes I copied a role, I based it on Contributor.

Many thanks, Lins

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share a screenshot for the Access settings for the post type for which you created the form from:
=> Toolset => Access Control => Post Types tab => screenshot of your CPT

Post Settings.png
Supporter role based on Posts.png

It's based on the Post settings so included both.

Many thanks, Lins

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - so I do not have any option until you share a test site or duplicator copy of your site and also state where you added the delete link.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I'm sorry, this was entirely my fault... I'd not actually put the Delete link on some of the Content Templates!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.