Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Define image sizes in view

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by maiS 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi, is it possible to define an image in a view? Right now if we upload different sizes of images we get a messy look. Can we make the view say that all images are cut at 600x400 pixels? To make it look better?

Please see the attached screenshot.

Skærmbillede-2021-01-18-kl.-15.29.35.jpg

Screenshot

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 10.46.56 AM.png

Hi Mai,

Yes you can achieve this by using the custom size attribute on the image block. See Screenshot.

Hi Shane,
Thanks, it worked on the view in the buttom of the page. But when i want to edit the images in the search view i can not get it to work and also the search view started to look different so that i can not change the search filters for example. I don't know if the sudden changes has anything to do with it?

Also in the search rresults page on the buttom of the page a new search filter appears. I don't know why it keeps changing so much.

Also when i edit the search filter i choose "edit original" but then i have to save the changes, delete the view, put the view in again and set it up with the search results on another page. I can not just change things within the view without having to set the view up on the specific page all over again.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Can you send me a link to the page where you are having the issue ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Of course. So here is the link: hidden link

The search form on the top of the page - on the cover image. This view i can not "just edit" without having to do all the above mentioned stuff and also i can not set the image size as we talked about.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

I believe you may need to remake this view, not sure why the search options are not showing up when you're trying to edit the view.

Would it be possible to just remove this view and remake it entirely ?

The original view itself doesn't have the search bar at all. This is the results page which uses the same view and the search bar isn't there.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Well i actually had a lot of help from you guys to create the view because i would like the search results to appear without a search bar. So that the search bar is only appearing on the badminton camps page.

Will it be possible to create it again without having the search bar showing up in the results?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Yes this will be possible to do.

If you remake the view, I can set it up for you so that the search bar is on one page and only the results will be on the next page.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

So i tried making the view again. It is called
"2021 Search for badminton camps"
Test site here: hidden link
Alder og niveau (age and level)
Start dato (start date)
Slut dato (end date)

I need these criterias to have a little margin in the left side to make it look good on a mobile phone where they appear in 1 column each.
I also need the elements to have margin between each other on desktop so they are not too close.
I need the cover image to the left and then the data to the right. But right now there is a big padding between the image and where the text starts and that padding should be way smaller. Also the padding between for example "Startdato" and then the date is too big right now. This needs to be smaller as well.

On the search result page there should not be an option to make a new search.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 9.47.50 AM.png

Hi Mai,

Great, I see where you have already added the filters so no work needs to be done here.

I need these criteria to have a little margin in the left side to make it look good on a mobile phone where they appear in 1 column each.

I've added some gap between the start date and the age filter. Also the search looks fine on mobiles being in 1 column, see screenshot

The next thing I did was to reduce the space between the 2 date filters. The space between the Image and the data has also been reduced.

We can separate the filter from the results once we can confirm that the layout of the search is ok.

Thanks
Shane

Skærmbillede-2021-01-28-kl.-08.08.37.jpg

Hi shane,

Looks good - i just have some changes for the results on desktop - is it possible to make the gabs between the text areas smaller? see the screenshot

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

I've reduced the space even more but anymore reduction will result in the "ALDER & NIVEAU" text being broken into a new line.

Also I've reduced the gap between the image and the text as well.

Please let me know if this is now ok.

Thanks,
Shane

Skærmbillede 2021-02-01 kl. 20.46.48.png

Hi Shane,

Now everything is below the image and that is not good. Take a look at the screenshot here.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Not sure what happened but it should be fixed now. What I did was to re-adjust the column width of the view.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.