Skip Navigation

[Resolved] default post layout still appears on Content Template

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: have my custom layout full width across the page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I expect to see the custom layout with the colored text and pictures displayed full width across the screen and without the default post layout at the top. with the text at the bottom with showing this css
.demo-text {
font-size: 22px;
text-align: center;
line-height: 30px;
}

Instead, I got: the default post layout at top and a line with a sidebar area on the right. and the text at the bottom not showing the custom css from the Layout CSS and JS

shouldbefullwidth.jpg
defaultlayout.jpg

Opps. I forgot the screenshots

Dear Veronica,

It depends on your theme file, If you are using Layouts plugin to design the post content, then your layout will only work insider the post content area, so you will need to create make a theme file, which will be able to display the post content area as "full width across the screen and without the default post layout at the top", I suggest you check it with your theme author.

For example, I assume the URL you mentioned above is a single post of post type "meeting-demo",
hidden link
Then you can create a theme file single-meeting-demo.php in your theme folder, and customize this theme file, make the content area a a full-width area.
More help:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post
single-{post-type}.php – If the post type is product, WordPress would look for single-product.php.

I am using the Divi theme with the Divi Builder

For Divi theme, please follow our document to setup a content template, there is a Fullwidth setting in the Layout Settings section of content template, then use layout to design the content template.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-divi-builder-and-toolset/#controlling-divi-settings-for-each-content-template

section "Controlling Divi settings for each content template",
If the Sidebar is to be disabled, then we also need to select Fullwidth in the Layout Settings section:
screenshot:
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.