Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Default Content Template when Adding New Page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user is getting a specific template assigned to each new page. This requires him to instruct every author on the website to change the assigned content template when editing a new page.

Solution:
The content template is assigned to the default post type "Pages", It will get assigned to every new page. You will need to unassign this content template for the post type "Page", that way, the content template will no more be assigned to new pages.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidL-7 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
add-new-page-content-template-default.jpg
content-templates.jpg

Hello! In the process of developing an app for hidden link using Toolset, I've created a number of Content Templates with Toolset (screenshot attached).

My issue is this: When adding a new page in WordPress, the Content Template setting defaults to the "Resource Library Login Form" template. The problem is that with that default, every single WordPress author needs to be aware of the need to go and set the Content Template to none, otherwise they don't see the content they just created.

I've instructed the team in this, but they're asking if there's a way to make it default to "None". Are you aware of any way to do that?

I don't recall ever running into this with Toolset before. In the list of content templates I see that the "Resource Library Login Form" template is assigned to Pages (single), so I'm thinking that may be why it's become the default. I don't remember why I did that (I think I was following a tutorial), but it seems to be necessary to the proper function.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
David

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You are right because the content template is assigned for pages(or any other custom post type), any new page will have the content template assigned(or any new post from the assigned post types).
If you need to have no content template or different content templates for your pages, you have to unassign the content template from pages. Any current page, that does not have an assigned content template, or which was not saved with no content template, will be rendered with this assigned content template.

I hope this answers your doubts. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you Jamal, that did the trick... I appreciate the help!

Best,
David

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.