Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Date range searches with Toolset Blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by markP-18 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to search by date range on a Custom Field that is a date field using Toolset Blocks.
I can insert a date picker in the search fields above the output, but it only searches for the one date selected against the date field.
I imagine that i would want to insert two date pickers to be able to select both the start and end dates before clicking on the 'submit' button.
I have experience doing other types of search fields in Toolset Blocks.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
There doesn't seem to be anything on this in Blocks.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I can't find any examples of this using Blocks, only using the old system.

What is the link to your site?
You won't be able to access this unless I give you a login. But you shouldn't need to as this is just a simple question.
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

When you'll select the comparison type "between" in the "Custom Search Filter" block's settings, you'll automatically see two date picker fields, to enter minimum and maximum date ranges.

Example screenshot: hidden link

Note: You can type over the actual field labels to change them.

Example screenshot: hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
Thanks. That's spot on. Very good of you.
Feel free to close this ticket.
Cheers,
Mark

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.