Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Date Filter on a View takes a while to show the date after selecting a date

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi Toolset,

My customers are selecting a date to filter a table through a date picker filter. The issue is after selecting a date they click the search button (normal to do). However, the date takes a while to show up and complete whatever it is thinking, so by the time my customers click search, the date field is "not selected".

Please see video: hidden link

Thank you,
Andrew

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Andrew

You are right that there is a perceptible lag with the datepicker, which is because once the date is selected an ajax request is made to convert that to a timestamp consistent with the server timezone settings, and the result gets added to a hidden input in the filters form.

I think we can do better, I've noticed it myself before, and so I've created a usability ticket about the issue. The next dev cycle after the current one will have a usability focus, so hopefully it may get consideration then, but in any case I've submitted the ticket with your comments.

Hi Nigel,

Yes, hopefully, we can make that quicker or maybe hold off ajax until the search button is clicked.

Thank you for adding it to the Dev cycle.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Nigel,

Just thought of an idea. Is there a way to add a spinner graphic as the Date is thinking? That way my customers wont click the search button before the date is truly selected as they will see a spinner graphic.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Not simply. I just did some quick testing to try adding the text "Loading..." into the field when you click on it, expecting that to be replaced with the formatted date when the ajax request completes, but unfortunately the first thing the plugin code does is clear the field to make sure it is blank while fetching the date, so to override that would mean changing the plugin code.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.