Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Date and Time are shown wrong on frontend

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hey there,
I created a template for each of my custom post types with Divi theme builder. I created the custom post types and custom fields with Toolset. I then added the content of the custom fields with the Text Module and dynamic content in Divi.

But somehow the date and time are showing wrong in the frontend as you can see here: hidden link

hidden link

And I would like to know, how I can achieve that links that are added to the website custom field are clickable for the visitor.

Thanks!

In addition to that, I am wondering why I am not able to add the time of the custom field "date and time" to the search results inside the view: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andy,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Based on the screenshots and the link to the pay, divi isn't converting the timestamp for the date to an actual date. To resolve this I would recommend rendering the date field with our types shortcode directly.
[types field='my-field'][/types]

Where my-field is the slug of the custom field. Similarly with the url field you will need to use our types shortcode so that the link is clickable .

In addition to that, I am wondering why I am not able to add the time of the custom field "date and time" to the search results inside the view:hidden link;

I'm not sure what you mean here as the datetime field should always render as a datetime unless you are using a custom format that doesn't include the time.

Can you send a screenshot fo the Field settings on the results template as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for your help, I will test it.

So for the date and time field. I created a custom field for date+time. When creating a post I can add a date and the time for this post. But when adding this field to the loop it only shows the date without time. How can I fix that?

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 1.13.59 PM.png

Hi Andy,

Under the field settings, you should see the option to set it to display the time as well. See Screenshot

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you a lot! That worked.

I have another question:

I added a custom field where I can upload an image. When adding a image into the custom field for a post, I am not able to delete it, just to change it. How can I achieve, that I can delete that image? See screenshot, there is no delete button: hidden link

I tried to delete the link inside the box, but as you can see the image still remains in the backend and some css in the frontend.

And one more:
Is it possible to add a button / link to a post (Divi theme builder) that sends the user back to the search results, maybe with a short code or something?

Would it also be possible to add recurring dates to one post? Like one date "weekly"?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andy,

Not sure why this happens for you on your end but when I delete the URL from the space and update the post the image is no longer there. Perhaps you can update the post after you've removed the image.

Is it possible to add a button / link to a post (Divi theme builder) that sends the user back to the search results, maybe with a short code or something?

Do you mean add a link that when the user clicks it they are taken to the search results page? Meaning no filter is applied etc?

Would it also be possible to add recurring dates to one post? Like one date "weekly"?

No this is not possible as the date value of the custom field would be fixed.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

thanks for your reply.

I will try that with the images again and see what happens.

About the link that sends the user back to the search results page. It would be great if the filter would still be applied. Is that possible?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andy,

About the link that sends the user back to the search results page. It would be great if the filter would still be applied. Is that possible?

This will only be possible if you manually encode the URL parameters in the link itself. It won't be an automatic process when they click the link.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.