Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dashboards: Post type or page?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello Toolset mentors.

I am planning to build a dashboard for recruiters as well as for experts on my jobs portal.
Each recruiter and expert will have a personal dashboard which will give them an overview of their activities such as posting jobs, shortlisting, offers sent etc.

I have worked with the jobify theme before and they use woocommerce to create a dashboard. I don't like the default woocommerce dashboard (for this purpose) which makes it very store like rather than a jobs dashboard.

I am planning to build a custom dashboard which works just the way I want it to work.
I am wondering whether it can be done by creating a page with blocks of different views within a content template, that each user gets to see their own activity of.

Would such a thing require a lot of php coding or can I build it with toolset & logical planning. Of course a bit of a code will be required I understand.

Thank You

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Anand,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Yes this is perfectly possible and fits within the scope of what our plugins can do. Manipulating the views plugin and content templates should allow you to achieve this.

Also I would recommend using the Layouts plugin as well.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.