Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dance events site

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

Hi!
I am working on a budget for a client, and I am trying to fit plugins and project needs. Let me introduce the idea so you can please tell me if Toolset can achieve it:

1) It's a membership site, where members can pay for a recurrent suscription. As I read, Toolset can manage those membership registration and earn payments with WooCommerce and "WooCommerce Suscription" plugin.
Q--- 1.a) Is it true?
Q--- 1.b) Or I need to pay "WooCommerce Membership" too? — I beleive this make no sense as Toolset offers memeberships
Q--- 2.c) Are there any Toolset Membership limitations that may force me to but "WooCommerce Membership"?

2) We are using "The Events Calendar Pro" to manage events (it's a dance event site). While creating a new event, this plugin offers on it's default form an input field called "Organizer" so you can write the person. — Our main requirement here is that we need to create a custom form for new events that register the organizer as the logged-in user, so we can create a relationship between events and users.
Q--- 2.a) Is it possible to create events with Toolset Forms and relate each event to a user, so we can list all events on their public profile page?

3) We need to create custom user profile page (different for each role)
Q--- 3.a) Can we create them with Toolset and make it editable to our user?

4) They are going to be different kind of roles: Teachers, Band, Shops and Dancers. And we need that when creating a new event on Toolset form, choose on a dinamic field if that event is related with a registered Teacher/Band/Shop.
Q--- 4.a) It's that possible?
Q--- 4.b) Can we later show that relation Event - Teachers/Bands/Shops on the event page?

Thanks for your time!

Hello! I'll do my best to answer here but please separate your main questions into different tickets. It will help keep the forum organized and you'll get answers faster. Thanks!

Q--- 1.a) Is it true?
Q--- 1.b) Or I need to pay "WooCommerce Membership" too? — I beleive this make no sense as Toolset offers memeberships
Q--- 2.c) Are there any Toolset Membership limitations that may force me to but "WooCommerce Membership"?

Toolset's memberships work on the basis of different User Roles for subscribed vs. unsubscribed users. I invite you to read this documentation about Toolset's membership features and Woocommerce Subscriptions:
https://toolset.com/learn/create-membership-site-wordpress-using-toolset-plugins/how-to-use-the-woocommerce-subscriptions-plugin-with-toolset/

Q--- 2.a) Is it possible to create events with Toolset Forms and relate each event to a user, so we can list all events on their public profile page?
Not really, the Events Calendar's event type has several proprietary custom fields that aren't easily managed by Toolset. For example, they include fields for venue, organizer, cost, and so forth. They also allow recurring events, something that isn't easily achieved with Toolset Forms.
To relate a User and a post, you can either make that User the author of the post or you can use a proxy post type and Toolset's post relationships. We have more information about that here: https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-create-custom-searches-and-relationships-for-users/

Q--- 3.a) Can we create them with Toolset and make it editable to our user?
Yes, you can create a proxy post type as explained above and let Users edit their own proxy post.

Q--- 4.a) It's that possible?
Q--- 4.b) Can we later show that relation Event - Teachers/Bands/Shops on the event page?

Again, creating and editing Events posts with Toolset Forms isn't really possible. Similarly, the event page itself is proprietary to The Event Calendar. Adding information to that template might require the assistance of their support team, because I'm not an expert in their system. What I can offer is to show you generally how to display custom field information from a specific post, or how to display post information from a related post using Views and Types shortcodes. I can show you PHP APIs we have available as well.

Ok, I am going to work out Q.2.a creating custom searches and see if works. I'll get back on a day or two. thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Raul,

Christian is currently unavailable today but will be back tomorrow to continue assisting with this ticket.

Thanks,
Shane

That sounds great, I will stand by for your update.

Thanks Christian, is solved!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.