Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Customizing the layout of the new Distance Search filter

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by abdullahA-6 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
2017-12-08 14_24_42-.png

Just wondering if there is a template file or something I can edit to make some layout changes to the new Distance Search filter.

I want to move the "Show results with 100km" part below the Address field and button, and to make the address field bigger.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

filter.png

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. Please confirm the layout I have set in attached screenshot.

Please provide temporary access WP-Admin Login and FTP login info to your site. Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Link to the [View] Edit Screen and [Page] Edit Screen where you have inserted this View.

Thank you

Dear David,

Noman isn't available currently.
I just tried the credentials you provided above, it is not valid, I get this error:
ERROR: Invalid username
Please check it, make sure it is valid
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/customizing-the-layout-of-the-new-distance-search-filter/#post-597514

and also point out the problem page URL and view URL, where we can see the screenshot you mentioned above:
hidden link

Updated secure note above. Cheers.

Thanks for the details, I have done below modification in your website, edit the view "View all stockists on map":
hidden link
in section "Filter Editor", replace the codes from:

[wpv-control-distance default_distance="100" compare_field="retailer-address" distance_center_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_center" distance_radius_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_radius" distance_unit_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_unit"]

To:

[wpv-control-distance default_distance="100" compare_field="retailer-address" distance_center_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_center" distance_radius_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_radius" distance_unit_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_unit" inputs_placeholder='of %%CENTER%% <br />Show results within %%DISTANCE%%']

add attribute "inputs_placeholder" in it

Perfect- needed a few tweaks and some CSS but looking fine now.

Thank you Luo, is there any way to add the step attribute the number input in the distance filter ?
it is possible using js, but I want to do it using the filter.
thanks again

<input type="number" step="50" value="50" min="0">
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.