Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Customize variations in products

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by andresB-4 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
For that products displayed in my site (woocommerce), I'm trying to create variations. For each variation I will need to use a custom product title and a custom description.
As an example, Product XX has 3 different sizes. For each size I need the product title to change to "Product XX size 1", "Product XX size 2" "Product XX size 3". And for each title, I will need to feature a custom description.
Is there a way to do this with tooset? Any advise?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No...

Is there a similar example that we can see?
yes, you can see this page example hidden link
When you choose a different product size, product name and description will change.

What is the link to your site?
Sorry, the site is not yet working. We are in the middle of the dev.

Hi, there isn't anything built-in to Toolset that will help you make these Product Title and Product Descriptions changes on-the-fly when the User makes a variation selection. To implement that kind of change, you would need to use the WooCommerce JavaScript API like described here, along with your own custom HTML/CSS: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24279555/woocommerce-trigger-event-after-change-of-variation

Beyond that, you would need to use WooCommerce's PHP API to filter the product title and description throughout the order process on the front-end and back-end, based on the chosen variation. This level of customization code all falls outside the scope of support I can offer here in the forums, unfortunately. There may be a 3rd-party plugin capable of achieving most of this effect, but I don't see any information in the example site you provided that indicates they are using WooCommerce or one specific ecommerce plugin. Everything there seems to be hand-coded.

Hi Christian! thanks for your input. I think I will have to find another way to do it since I'm not a coder. Best!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andres,

Christian is currently on available today due to a public holiday.

However if there are no further queries or clarifications need for this then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.